How Will Chlorine Affect My Hair?
How to Prevent Damage and Treat Chlorine Exposed Hair
Here at Topknots we are always here to advise you on maintaining healthy hair for you and your family as you are fully aware we are situated in a gym environment
With swimming pool facilities which a large number of you use so here are a few tips to help you maintain healthy shinny hair.
want to take extra care to prevent and treat chlorine damage
How to Prevent Chlorine Damage
you can do a few things immediately before and after you hit the pool to prevent chlorine from damaging your beautiful locks.
How to Repair Chlorine Damage
If chlorine has damaged your hair, you'll know it. Chlorine damaged hair is very dry, frizzy (especially at the ends), bleached out, and often feels a little like straw. It tangles and matts up easily. These tips can help you revive your chlorine damaged hair:
· Talk to your hairstylist. If you already have severe chlorine damage, go to a pro. Have her assess you hair's damage and recommend products or treatments to help and, at the very least, get a haircut to remove the ends that are likely suffering from the most damage. Once your hair is over damaged, repair is out of the question and a haircut is your only hope for soft, shiny hair again.
· Clarify your hair. If chlorine has damaged your hair, it's likely that it's also building up in your hair and causing it to feel worse than it is. Try a clarifying shampoo, or try super-clarifying your hair with An apple cider and vinegar rinse
· is also a great option for removing the chlorine buildup.
· Check your scalp. Chlorine is not only drying to your hair shaft, but can also cause drying to your scalp. If your scalp is severely dry and your hair is damaged,
· Use a regular protein rinse. Replenishing the protein in your hair that's been stripped by the chlorine will help repair and rebuild your hair's strength.
· Deep condition your hair. While a regular daily conditioner is a must, if your hair is damaged by chlorine you'll need a weekly or bi-weekly deep condoning treatment to seal in moisture and sooth the frizzy split ends. Coconut oil is another god-send for repairing damaged hair caused by chlorine.
· Be very patient. While you're working to repair your damaged hair, be patient. It takes time for your damaged hair to bounce back to life. In the meantime, try these tricks for healthier looking hair, right now.
Here at Topknots we offer a range of professional treatments to help with any problem you may be having with your hair!